SBA Launches 2017 InnovateHER Business Challenge for Innovations That Empower Women’s Lives!
Do you have a product or service that has measurable impact on the lives of women and families?
Do you fill a need in the marketplace?
InnovateHER is a cross-cutting prize competition to unearth innovative products and services that help impact and empower the lives of women and families. Our workforce looks very different from 50 years ago. Women now make up nearly half of the labor force and play a critical role in our nation’s economic prosperity. Most children live in households where all parents work. And as our population ages, families are increasingly caring for aging parents while balancing the needs of work and home. As demands on women and families grow, the need for products and services that address unique challenges increases. The InnovateHER Challenge provides that platform.
ECDI has joined forces with our local SBA District Office and Rev1 to make this program available for women entrepreneurs in Central Ohio.
InnovateHER Challenge Criteria:
InnovateHER provides an opportunity for entrepreneurs throughout the United States to showcase products and services that have a measurable impact on the lives of women and families (30%), have the potential for commercialization (40%), and fill a need in the marketplace (30%).
InnovateHER Challenge Guidelines & Pitching Requirements:
1. Between now and Thursday, April 5, 2017, applications/business plans will be accepted.
2. Thursday, March 30, 2017, 6PM-7:30PM @Rev1, 1275 Kinnear Rd, Columbus, OH 43212: How do I pitch my business? This free event is open to anyone applying or interested in learning more about InnovateHer! Please email PTumen@ecdi.org to register.
2. Judges will select up to 5 start-ups to pitch at the live event on May 3, 2017, 6PM at ECDI Columbus.
3. That winner will be nominated to the SBA's national pitch competition to represent Central Ohio.
4. If selected as one of the 10 national finalists, the business owners will travel to Washington D.C. on July 27, 2017 for a live pitch competition and compete for up to $70,000 in prize money provided by the Sara Blakely Foundation.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Patty Tumen at PTumen@ecdi.org
Participants must be at least 18 years old, U.S. citizens or permanent residents, and meet other requirements per the Challenge Rules.
For more information including competition rules, go to www.sba.gov/innovateHER.
Part startup accelerator. Part venture capital fund. The hub of entrepreneurship in Central Ohio. Rev 1 is located in Columbus, Ohio—the #1 fastest-growing startup city. We provide entrepreneurs with a unique blend of resources—services, connections, and funding—to turn great ideas into successful businesses. When it comes to entrepreneurship in Central Ohio, we are the go-to-team. Entrepreneurs of every stripe and startups at every stage come to Rev1. We supply the right resources at the right time