Cleveland and Northern Ohio: Create Confident Video Content for your Brand
Thursday, Dec 13 9:15AM to 11:15AM
Did you know that your business is 53 times more likely to appear on the first page of Google results if there’s video on the homepage of your website? (Source: Video Explainers). Come to this presentation to get started with video for your brand!
Learn the joys of video production (honestly, it’s really fun):
- Creating your 60-second video message with a specific goal
- Developing that killer on-camera confidence
- Giving yourself permission to NOT be perfect
- FREE and low-cost options using the tech you already have
Cleveland and Northern Ohio: All It Takes Is Class
Tuesday, Dec 18 5:30PM to 7:30PM
The ability to adapt, incorporate, and apply appropriate business principals, etiquette, and fundamentals are not innate; it is a skill that must be learned, practiced, and continuously refined. In an ever-changing society where social interactions have become devalued, it is crucial to understand etiquette while having the ability to integrate into any situation with poise, polish, and elegance.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to successfully navigate and participate with confidence in any situation. Their poise and elegance will make a lasting impression.
1. Participants will be able understand and implement proper hand shaking techniques
2. Participants will be able to navigate networking events
3. Participants will be able maximize networking and business opportunities utilizing the various networking techniques
4. Participants will be able to tactfully enter and exit conversations in business settings
5. Participants will understand appropriate dining etiquette
6. Participants will understand appropriate clothing attire for various events
7. Participants will be able to create and execute an elevator speech
8. Participants will be able to apply effective interview techniques, and understand and answer common interview questions
9. Participants will be able to understand and apply appropriate communication principals between professionals, clients, and peers while in person and via (social media, telephone, e-mail)Register
Cleveland and Northern Ohio: Blogging Meet Up
Wednesday, Dec 19 5:30PM to 7:30PM
Blogging for Business Meet Up with WBC member Zoe Brown, and creator of GoneGirlGo blog. Zoe will lead workshops teaching basic steps for blogging, and how to organize your schedule to be a productive blogger and other tricks that will enhance your blog presence. The goal of this group is to facilitate each of you creating your own blog, creating content for your blog and posting your blogs. In addition, it is hoped that you will create your own support group and learn from others who are also blogging.Register
Cleveland and Northern Ohio: Employer Compliance- What you need to know about hiring employees
Thursday, Dec 20 9:15AM to 11:15AM
Hiring employees can be an exciting and scary time. Exciting because hiring almost always indicated growth, and scary because most of the time employers do not understand the liabilities that come with an employee. This presentation will provide information, resources, and helpful tips about HR compliance, and payroll responsibilities.
After this presentation, you should leave feeling more comfortable with the responsibilities that come with having employees. You will understand the tax liabilities that come with hiring and have a clear understanding of payroll outsourcing. In addition, you will with all required federal forms for hiring an employee and learn state requirements for hiring employees.Register
Cleveland and Northern Ohio: Small Enterprise Education Development (S.E.E.D.) Training Series
Wednesday, Jan 16 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM
Sometimes even well-equipped entrepreneurs can find themselves in a rut, or just hungry for more information on small business success and growth. The Small Enterprise Education Development (SEED) Training Series is designed for entrepreneurs who are ready to enhance their business idea or expand an existing small enterprise into a viable and profitable business. Clients taking this course will focus on four critical developmental areas (Business Concept, Organization, Customer Relations, and Operations) using the GrowthWheel® concept, an interactive tool that helps entrepreneurs develop their business through an action-oriented process. Clients will also complete homework assignments that will assist them in developing a business plan and 30/60/90-day action plan.
• Module 1: Business Concept
Wednesday January 16th, 2019. 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
• Module 2: Organization
Wednesday January 23rd, 2019. 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
• Module 3: Customer Relations
Wednesday January 30th, 2019. 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
• Module 4: Operations
Wednesday February 6th, 2019. 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Cost: $150.00 for four-class series and certificate of completion.
Full series is required for start-up phase prospective ECDI lending clients. Clients are encouraged to attend an Info Session beforehand. Registration closes 2 business days before the class or when the class is fully booked; series fills up quickly. Classes are subject to cancellation. Please arrive approximately 15 minutes prior to the beginning of class. For special considerations, call Lauren Smith at (216) 912-5665.Register