Women's Business Center of Ohio
The Women’s Business Center of Ohio, powered by ECDI, is the only U.S. Small Business Administration-funded Women’s Business Center in the state. Your membership card provides access to a furnished space that may be used anytime during office hours, as well as the following amenities and benefits:
- Access to Laptops and PC’s
- Wireless Internet Available
- Free Core Business Classes
- Notary Services
- Industry Round Tables
- Printing Services
- Biz to Biz Profile Page
- One on One Counseling
Hours of operation: NEW HOURS EFFECTIVE 1/1/2014
Monday, Wednesday 9am-5pm
Tuesday, Thursday 12noon-8pm
Saturday 9am-1pm the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month.
Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 6PM-8PM: Exchange Networking Night at the WBC
- Join other small business owners for the WBC’s first ever evening of Exchange Networking! Each participant is asked to bring at least three product samples or service coupons with them to help promote their business. Don’t miss your opportunity to meet someone new, exchange business tips, and receive valuable feedback. Light refreshments will be served. Call the Women's Business Center, 614-559-0197, for more information. Free for WBC members!
Wednesday, February 26, 2014, 6PM-8PM: Bringing Your Product to Market
- This panel discussion being cosponsored with the Women’s Small Business Accelerator and SCORE will teach participants what they need to know to get their products into local, as well as, national retail markets. Panelists include two local vendors who will discuss their success and challenges and the marketing director for Hills Market. There is a $25 cost to all participants for this valuable workshop. SPACE IS LIMITED!
Visit http://wsbaohio.org/products to register.
Tuesday, March 4, 2014, 12PM-1PM: The Affordable Care Act Info Session 2014
- Sandra Moody with Dehan Enterprises Insurance will be visiting the WBC and sharing important information about the Affordable Care Act that will help you, your family, and your employees understand and enroll in the new health insurance programs. Call the Women's Business Center, 614-559-0197, for more information. This event is open to all and free for WBC members, $25 for non-members.
Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 6PM-8PM: Intro to Women’s Self Defense
- Please join the Women's Business Center & and Personal Fitness Navigators for a special 2 hour interactive self-defense course. Learn basic strikes, protection strategies, and important safety tips. This event is open to all and free for WBC members, $25 for non-members.
Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 6PM-8PM: Women's Life & WBC Networking Event
- Please join the Women's Business Center & Suzanne Rucker of Women's Life as we celebrate National Women's History Month with a networking event centered around " Women of Character, Courage and Commitment". The event will feature an informational presentation about Woman's Life and the importance of giving back to the community with testimonials from current members and time for Q & A. WBC members will have the chance to network, relax, and enjoy refreshments with a select group of Women's Business Owners from Women's Life! This event is open to all and Free to WBC members, $25 for non-members.
*Classes are free to WBC Members, $25 for non-members.
Click here to register for all upcoming WBC classes and events.
For training offered through the SBA, please click here.
For training offered through ECDI, pleaes click here.
The WBC Business Directory
Since its founding on July 30, 1953, the U.S. Small Business Administration has delivered millions of loans, loan guarantees, contracts, counseling sessions and other forms of assistance to small businesses.
Education and mentoring services for small businesses to help them grow and succeed through education and mentorship.
Providing entrepreneurial development assistance and business consulting to start-up and emerging business owners for Ohio’s minority and disadvantaged business community
The Ohio Development Services Agency helps improve access to capital and support for small- and minority-owned businesses
Working to support Columbus’ businesses with the resources and information they need to overcome obstacles for over 126 years
Providing business training and capital for entrepreneurs and start-up businesses in central Ohio
Enabling female entrepreneurs to build and manage businesses through mentoring, education and access to capital.
Helping connect women in local business with resources through social media and networking
Assisting businesses grow through affordable financing by providing low down payments, competitive interest rates, long-term financing, and economic development since 1981
Helping people find new and better jobs and businesses maintain a capable workforce through its’ partnerships and expertise
The WBC services are provided without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, and disability. Reasonable accomodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. To make a request or obtain more information, please contact us at 614-732-0981.
Carlie Urell recently joined the Economic & Community Development Institute in September. As The Women’s Business Center of Ohio’s Relationship Counselor, Carlie is responsible for assisting with day-to-day operations including overseeing business training and educational services, updating the WBC’s various social media outlets, and providing direct service to clients. She received her Master of Arts in Teaching from John Hopkins University and attended Miami University for her undergraduate degree. With six years of experience in business development, marketing, and education, she is a welcome addition the ECDI team. Curell@ecdi.org
Ellen Harvey joined the Economic & Community Development Institute in January 2010. As The Program Director for The Women’s Business Center of Ohio, Ellen is responsible for the day-to-day operation and management of The WBC. With twenty years of experience in lending, She has assisted over 100 WBC clients with start-up business development, expansion, funding, and job creation.
She also serves as a point of contact for the Small Business Administration’s Office of Women’s Business Ownership. Eharvey@ecdi.org
"Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration."