Women's Business Center of Ohio
The Women’s Business Center of Ohio, powered by ECDI, is the only U.S. Small Business Administration-funded Women’s Business Center in the state. Your membership card provides access to a furnished space that may be used anytime during office hours, as well as the following amenities and benefits:
- Access to Laptops and PC’s
- Wireless Internet Available
- Free Core Business Classes
- Notary Services
- Industry Round Tables
- Printing Services
- Biz to Biz Profile Page
- One on One Counseling
Hours of operation: NEW HOURS EFFECTIVE 1/1/2014
Monday, Wednesday 9am-5pm
Tuesday, Thursday 12noon-8pm
Saturday 9am-1pm the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month.
Tuesday, March 27, 2014, 6PM-8PM: Intro to Women’s Self Defense
- Please join the Women's Business Center & and Personal Fitness Navigators for a special 2 hour interactive self-defense course. Learn basic strikes, protection strategies, and important safety tips. This event is open to all and free for WBC members, $25 for non-members.
Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 6PM-8PM: Women's Life & WBC Networking Event
- Please join the Women's Business Center & Suzanne Rucker of Women's Life as we celebrate National Women's History Month with a networking event centered around " Women of Character, Courage and Commitment". The event will feature an informational presentation about Woman's Life and the importance of giving back to the community with testimonials from current members and time for Q & A. WBC members will have the chance to network, relax, and enjoy refreshments with a select group of Women's Business Owners from Women's Life! This event is open to all and Free to WBC members, $25 for non-members.
Thursday, April 10, 2014, 9AM-12PM: Small Business Development Series: Session One, "The Resources Network"
- The Small Business Development Series - Session One " The Resources Network " is designed to introduce small business owners and future entrepreneurs to available resources on the local, state, and federal levels. This seminar will be presented by professionals in the banking, business development assistance, franchising opportunities, and procurement industries. This class is open and free for all WBC and ECDI members and will be held at The Columbus SBA Office located on 401 N. Front Street. Please register in advance by contacting Robin Wotring at 614-469-6860 x282 or email@example.com
Friday, April 11, 2014, 2:30PM-5PM: Intermediate QuickBooks Workshop/Private Sessions
- Please join the Women's Business Center & and Volunteers from Cardinal Health for a one-hour Intermediate QuickBooks Workshop. Following the workshop, participants will be able to meet with a volunteer for specialized one-on-one assistance. This class is open to WBC members only and is limited to 10 participants.
Thursday, April 17, 2014, 1PM-2PM: Understanding Credit Reports & Scores
- Please join the Women's Business Center for an informative class designed to create a basic understanding of credit scores and how we can help you improve your individual credit score. This class is open to all and free for WBC members, $25 for non-members.
Saturday, April 19, 2014, 10AM-12PM: Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) Federal Contract Program
- Please join the Women’s Business Center for an overview of the WOSB Federal Contract Program including program eligibility, self-certification/third party certifiers, steps to participate in the program, and how to compete for WOSB federal contracts. This class is open to all and free for WBC members, $25 for non-members.
Thursday, April 24, 2014, 6:30PM-8PM: E-commerce Basics
- Please join the Women's Business Center & Tech Expert Lisa Hoy for an informational class on the basics of e-commerce websites. Lisa will cover the different types of ecommerce, the difference between websites and ecommerce sites, and considerations when designing your site. Participants are encouraged to bring a laptop for a special hands-on activity. This class is open to all and free for WBC members, $25 for non-members.
*Classes are free to WBC Members, $25 for non-members.
Click here to register for all upcoming WBC classes and events.
For training offered through the SBA, please click here.
For training offered through ECDI, pleaes click here.
The WBC Business Directory
Since its founding on July 30, 1953, the U.S. Small Business Administration has delivered millions of loans, loan guarantees, contracts, counseling sessions and other forms of assistance to small businesses.
Education and mentoring services for small businesses to help them grow and succeed through education and mentorship.
Providing entrepreneurial development assistance and business consulting to start-up and emerging business owners for Ohio’s minority and disadvantaged business community. Training programs regarding business startup and business plan development, branding and minority certification. For training opportunities click comba.eventbrite.com
The Ohio Development Services Agency helps improve access to capital and support for small- and minority-owned businesses
Working to support Columbus’ businesses with the resources and information they need to overcome obstacles for over 126 years
Providing business training and capital for entrepreneurs and start-up businesses in central Ohio
Enabling female entrepreneurs to build and manage businesses through mentoring, education and access to capital.
Helping connect women in local business with resources through social media and networking
Assisting businesses grow through affordable financing by providing low down payments, competitive interest rates, long-term financing, and economic development since 1981
Helping people find new and better jobs and businesses maintain a capable workforce through its’ partnerships and expertise
The WBC services are provided without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, and disability. Reasonable accomodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. To make a request or obtain more information, please contact us at 614-732-0981.
Carlie Urell recently joined the Economic & Community Development Institute in September. As The Women’s Business Center of Ohio’s Relationship Counselor, Carlie is responsible for assisting with day-to-day operations including overseeing business training and educational services, updating the WBC’s various social media outlets, and providing direct service to clients. She received her Master of Arts in Teaching from John Hopkins University and attended Miami University for her undergraduate degree. With six years of experience in business development, marketing, and education, she is a welcome addition the ECDI team. Curell@ecdi.org
Ellen Harvey joined the Economic & Community Development Institute in January 2010. As The Program Director for The Women’s Business Center of Ohio, Ellen is responsible for the day-to-day operation and management of The WBC. With twenty years of experience in lending, She has assisted over 100 WBC clients with start-up business development, expansion, funding, and job creation.
She also serves as a point of contact for the Small Business Administration’s Office of Women’s Business Ownership. Eharvey@ecdi.org
"Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration."